Friday, May 22, 2009

There's going to be a wedding, but first you must be sister approved!

I believe that this was the face of my little girl as she was told that she was going to be a big sister.
However once that little brother was here she became a little mother.
No need for baby dolls with her.
She had her very own.
And she grew up watching over her brother. Bossing him here and there through life.
However, there is one thing you can't boss a brother around with and that is love.
So needless to say this whirlwind engagement has caused "Big Sister" some concern.
A Facebook Romance????
Mom, what if????
So it was time to have a little tea party.
I'm not so sure this is the generation for tea parties but hey....one day they will think back to this special time together. Right?
Recently I found something while going through an old box of pictures and papers.
So it set the theme for my tea party.
It was a little book that had been handed down from mother to daughter over 100 years ago.
It was called a Bridal Bouquet.
And it held the sweetest story called the Advise of an Irish Fairy.
Has anyone heard this story? It is precious.
So I read it to my girls as they had their little tea party.

And we are going to start a tradition of passing down this little bridal book.
I think my Great-Great-Great Grandmother would approve. Don't you?
Now if only we can just get big sister to.


5 comments:

Lisa said...

I have not heard that story but what a keepsake. And what a wonderful tradition for your family!

Carolyn said...

Your new daughter in law looks like a sweet girl.
I have never heard the story either but it is so nice to have family traditions.
All the best for the upcoming marriage.
Carolyn

Cindy said...

It sounds like a wonderful family tradition!!! I think it's cute that "sister" is looking out for her little brother!

Jane said...

So pleased that your tea party was a success. The photos of your girls is wonderful! Natalie and Brittany are the kind of girls who will follow the "new" traditions. I am sure GGMa will be pleased. What a special legacy you have to share in your family!

Kris said...

Congrats to your son and his fiance. What a wonderful tradition to start and I think every girl like a tea party regardless of generation.

Kris