Saturday, September 23, 2017

After the storm

We chose to run from Hurricane Irma and she decided to follow us to Eufaula with a few tropical wind gusts which shook the trees of a few limbs.  Thankfully there was no damage to our home just a lot of yard clean up. 
It shook our pecan trees and the yard became a treasure land which made the clean up so rewarding.  With each pecan I picked up I could hear the squirrels fussing me out as this time I beat them before they stripped the trees bare.
The next few days were spent cracking away and I am happy to say there will be a few pies and pecan goodies for the holidays ahead.

10 comments:

Betty said...

So glad that you all were ok. Our neighbor has a pecan tree that overhangs our yard. We have been here for 19 years and I have never seen so many pecans falling from that tree. We love it.

living from glory to glory said...

Oh, what a lovely thing to hear that the wind was a blessing to drop those pecans! This is my first time visiting here I think, Your home looks absolutely beautiful and labor of love!
You're living a dream...
Blessings, Roxy

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

So glad you had no hurricane damage, so many are in such dire straights. My favorite dessert/dish - anything with pecans.

Kim said...

A pecan tree? How cool! Glad to hear you didn't get hit with the worst of the storm and all those nut are certainly the silver lining!

شركة المثالية للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
شركة المثالية للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pam Richardson said...

I am so glad that you weren't hit by the worst of Irma! Pecans are perfect for fall and Christmas baking!

شركة المثالية للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
شركة المثالية للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
شركة المثالية للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.