Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Rachael Ashwell's Shabby Chic Couture....and my Dreamboard

As I promised, I wanted to show you the beauty that I found inside Rachael Ashwell's new London shop. This wonderful, and as she called it, a Mushsy chair, was one of my very favorite pieces of furniture. The fabric is glorious and of course I had to take a sample away to put on my "DREAM BOARD," as it truly would be a dream to find this wonderful Mushy chair in my Shabby Old House.

I have never had a dreamboard before and I must say that creating one has been so much fun. That too was Rachel inspired. I can see now why this works. I am making one for the Shabby Old House, for my shop space and for my garden and flowerbeds. I may just fill up a wall with Dreams. Do you have a Dream Board?
I think everyone needs a pillow like this, don't you?
One of the fun things about going to a brand new store is seeing the wonderful new merchandise and of course it was so Shabby Chic Beautiful!
Look at this glorious tablecloth. I want it...I want it...I want it!!! Back to the dreamboard!

Thank you Rachael, for not giving up on your Dreams. You have been an inspiration to so many of us and by the way....did I spell Mushy right?
Hugs
Becky

12 comments:

Deanna said...

Your Blog is an inspiratiion as well!
Shine on,
d

Laura said...

Hi, I have just found your blog from chair -up and I love your posts! Also, love your comments about `eternity` and taking a long time to do things in your home!!! I feel the same about my place!

Tara said...

I also love Miss Ashwell...Just gorgeous.. Would love to visit 1 of her stores..But living in Australia I guess that won't be happening any time soon..".Sob sob"

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Just beautiful ! I would love to see her new shop !!
Thank you for sharing pictures with us :)

xoxo
Lori

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

You were one lucky girl, I would love to visit one of her stores, it looks like a beautiful store!!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Your pictures are gorgeous... I love it all!!! Thanks so much for sharing Blessings~~~Daphne

Barbara Jacksier said...

What a dream 'date'. Divine home goods in the company of the most divine designer. You are one lucky girl.

nat said...

LOVE your blog and can't wait to go junking with you!

nat

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

You are one lucky individual Becky to run into her let alone being in one of her shops.... she certainly has it going on doesn't she? I know for me she made me not be so crazy when I told everybody I wanted all white stuff at my wedding shower way before her time..... Thanks to her she made it where it's Ok to be able to live the style you want which is with White! Yeah-

Hey girl it was soooooo good to have you come by and leave such a sweet kind comment. Missed you!

Oh by the way I really like your profile picture too-

Hugs*

sassytrash said...

How cool to get to see it all through your photos!! Love your dream board!!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm so glad you enjoyed the poem as much as I have. I just love the words to it, and glad that you appreciate it to. Hope you find some feed sack bags when you go to visit you fathers farm!!! Blessings~~~ Daphne

PAINTED PRETTYS ANTIQUES said...

Rachel me and my husband we're lucky enough to meet you at brimfield and have you sign our books, you truely have a gift and it inspires millons,we hope to see you at the May show.God Bless