Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sweet Shabby Bliss Found Here

 It's marked on my calendar for month's and I look forward to it arrival 3 times a year.  I am up early and out the door for the Renninger's Antique Extravaganza that is held in Mt. Dora Florida.   This past weekend's weather was fabulous and it always makes me happy for those wonderful vendors who do what they do making all of us shoppers deliriously happy with the thrill of the hunt.
 Every time I go I run to one of the sweetest friends that I have come to know,  Miss Peggy. Hers is my very favorite booth inside the market.  I know that I must spend an hour just soaking up the inspiring vignettes that are staged so well that you can't just buy one thing.   You really need every item or it just won't look right!
 I never come in that I don't load my camera full of photos that I can later enjoy over and over again.
 I have never been disappointed either.....Well I take that back. Finding a few sold tickets on items that should have come home with me has left me disappointed but only in myself for not getting my tail to market earlier.
 But I know that in so many cases that these items have gone home with other friends I have made along the way.  Peggy's booth is very popular and so often is a meeting place for many of my kindred spirit friends.
She has become a friend to each of us and we love her smile, her kindness and her incredible eye for beauty.

5 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

You are so fortunate that you can go to an awesome 'flea market' like that! It looks wonderful and I'm sure I'd bring home more than one thing too. :-) Blessings, Pamela

NanaDiana said...

How beautiful. We have actually looked at Mt.Dora as a retirement community. I love it there. Is that where you live? Hugs- Diana

Carolyn said...

Hi Becky,
That looks like a fun place to be-so many treasures!
I also love what you did with the green cabinets-what a great idea to add the tin to the sides- I had to show that to Andrew.
Take care,
Carolyn

vintagegirl said...

I'm new to the blogging world, and came across your blog and want to say how much I like it! It looks like a great antique market ~ We have a couple really good flea markets in the area that I usually find some great vintage pieces at.

Sharon
http://vintagegirl-dezigns.blogspot.com

Ellie said...

I moved to Mt. Dora last year, and Renningers is a regular weekend hangout for me. Peggy is a doll, and her goodies are yummy. Was out there last weekend, and never leave without something from her booth.