Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Peeking thru the Sunflowers

I'll never forget how the pictures made me feel the day I found it, while "Peeking Thru the Sunflowers."  Just like the one I had seen before, there it stood, so big and tall and beautiful.  Out of my reach or so I thought.   It was 8 feet tall and fabulous and mine for the taking if I truly wanted it.  My heart beat faster as I walked around it studying all the details of my beautiful find. Two birds where even perched up top.  Surely that was a heavenly sign.  

Now that you have seen this picture you know that I am not talking about sunflowers but rather a beautiful armoire that has been pinned all over Pinterest or perhaps you too have followed the delightful blog, Peeking Thru the Sunflowers and read about the wonderful transformation that Des achieved on her fabulous piece of furniture.  Living in an 1870 beautifully renovated school house in Kansas Des's posts are filled with one amazing room after another and so many lovely ideas for the home that if you have now yet visited her blog you too will be inspired.  

This is her beautiful armoire and my source of inspiration and what led me to jump at the purchase of the massive armoire that I found while thrifting.   Those poor Goodwill workers were shuttering and begging for mercy at the thought of loading it in my truck. They were thrilled when we came back with a trailer and strong movers.

 And this is the beautiful room in her home that her fabulous armoire sits in and a taste of what you will see on her blog.
It will take me a while to paint mine and another visit from the movers to place it so while you are waiting to see the end result I hope that you too will enjoy some glorious time,

5 comments:

Deserae said...

Thank you for featuring my blog....I am so flattered!!!! You found an incredibly gorgeous armoire!!!!! I can't wait to see it all painted up :o)
~Des

June said...

OMG! That piece is AMAZING Becky! I cannot wait to see what you do with it! It will be gorgeous!
sending hugs...

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

An absolutely perfect piece... and so ethereal with it's gorgeous coat of paint!!!! Oh I love your style!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, that was at Goodwill. Never see anything at my Goodwill like that. I am sure you can make her beautiful like Des did hers.

Norman Pease said...

Hi, I am a woodcarver in PA and have a client that wants a piece built based on your armoire. Would you be willing to provide a higher resolution digital photo of the piece and it's carvings? The unpainted armoire is very clear, but the painted photo is not. and see some of the details are different. I would be happy to reimburse you for the time and effort. Thank you for your consideration.....Norman Pease, Three Gryphons Carving Studio LLC, 330 4th St, East Greenville PA. www.threegryphons.com.....e-mail at norman.pease@verizon.net.