Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Peacock Tree

 Last year I fell in love with the peacock trees that I saw and so it was what I decided to place in our entry hall  to steer the flow of the tourist but also to give a little wow factor.  Those beautiful colors just sparkled under the architectural arch.  The topper was filled with faux and real peacock feather.  We had fun decorating the tree and was I ever grateful when my friend Kathleen loaned me some of her purple bulbs.  It took a lot of ornaments to fill this tree up.  


 Don't you just love Shiny Brights!



 As you can see I have been collecting mirrors.  They seem to make the hall a little brighter. 
 And this is what you see at the end of the hall.   It use to be the back door to the house and when it was open the air flowed beautifully throughout the room through the transom windows but it currently leads to the laundry room and the window was clear.   I didn't want our guests to see my laundry room as it's still a work in progress.    I decided instead to use Graphite Chalk paint and painted the glass and tried my hand at the chalk art I have been seeing..   It was a bit tricky but I got it finished with the words of one of my favorite Christmas hymns.

4 comments:

Andi's English Attic said...

So beautiful. What a fabulous tree. xx

Kim said...

You have a spectacular sense of style. I am a red girl, but your tree is stunning and you have me considering a peacock tree for next Christmas as well.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

So beautiful! I love peacocks! I like you message on your chalkboard. Thanks for sharing with us and have a blessed Christmas season.
Gina

chateau chic said...

Your tree is gorgeous, and I love your hall of mirrors!
Mary Alice