Thursday, December 12, 2013

Victorian Dining

 Welcome to the dining room of the Shabby Old House all ready for the holiday tour.  I was so excited to use my Granny's china and crystal and I feel like it is a table that she would have been proud of.   I was so blessed to have her influence in my life.  Christmas was her day and her home always smelled  wonderful by whatever she was baking and glistened with all of her special touches.
One thing I forgot to do was add something to the back of the chairs.   That will be for next year as the ornaments I wanted to use just like the fresh pine garland have long been taken.

 My tree was decorated with roses and old burgandy and pink and gold bulbs and thankfully just about everything I already had and not too many new things were added.   I found it hard to find the more vintage pink bulbs this year.  But wouldn't you know it, after the tour I found 3 boxes at a thrift shop.  You can never have too many glass pink bulbs!
This picture hung in my Granny's dining room and now it hangs in mine as though it was just meant to be there all along.  
The rose picture above the  mantel was a flea market find.   I do have a thing for roses!
The vintage Lord's prayer print was a flea market find as well.  I love it's look and if you have never done a study on all of its beautiful meaning I would highly recommend it as it will be of great help to your prayer life.
I just love how the mirror reflects so many pretty details of the room.
This mantel got dressed up for the tour twice.  Oh what a story I have to tell you in my next post regarding that!!
And for today, only this little lady knows why.
Until the next time....

8 comments:

Tea in Texas said...

Oh! how lovely! Your tour is wonderful and your house is really ready for Christmas. I love about your Grandmother and how you used her treasures on the table. She would be proud of you for this is a beautiful tablescape!

Pam

xinex said...

I love your Christmas decorations and your table too.... Christine

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Everything looks so beautiful Becky and thank you for leaving me such a sweet comment. Merry Christmas and big hugs xoxo

June said...

Your house looks so beautiful Becky!!! I bet everyone one who got to step into it on this Christmas tour were so happy to see all the beauty that it held. Your trees are amazing. I had to go back a few posts to catch up with all you've been doing and I am so glad I did because it is gorgeous my friend!!!
sending big hugs your way...

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Becky,
Your home is stunning!! and the tablesetting is sooo elegant! I agree never enough pink balls, ha! I wonder why when so many of us want them why more aren't being made... hmmm
I am your newest follower:-)
Happy Weekend to you..
Bella

Tea in the Library said...

What a lovely home! I'm a 1st time visitor and a new follower. I'm making your post my Pick of the Week for Pink Saturday on my post White Glitter Parisian Townhouse. Have a great week!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Wow! wish I could have taken that tour. Your home is simply gorgeous!
I love the peacock tree on the previous post, too.
Patti

Unknown said...

wow nice post.lovely house.i love your house and grandmother.

Luxury guest home accommodation nearest Perth Hill