Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Christmas Romance

I am calling this post a Christmas Romance because of all the projects that I did getting the house ready for the tour this is the one that I loved the most.  
 Shades of gray and white and silver and pink were used thoroughout the room and the calm that it brought to the room was felt every night as I collapsed into bed.
 A dear friend gave me this wonderful book called, The Greatest Gift and what a treat it has been.
 My Victorian doll from my youth which I think was an influence on my love of Victorian things.  I remember picking it out in the Sears Christmas catalog. 
Did you use to mark up the Sears catalogs with your wish list.  I may be dating myself a bit but as kids we use to spend hours looking through it.
 You should have seen this chair when I found it as a  $5 garage sale find that went from trash to  my treasure .


 I learned a few things during the tour about people opinions of silver.   In the South it is considered brave not to polish it for an open house.  I personally think the tarnish is pretty and has a shabby chic look.



It's the first pretty thing that I see in the morning and the last pretty thing I experience before I fall asleep and I have to tell you, and it may be for just me and me alone but,  I am in love.

I am linking to:
Common Ground 
My Romantic Home
Shabby Nest
Jennifer Rizzo
From My Front Porch to Yours
  French Country Cottage

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow your furniture is beautiful!

Little Miss Maggie said...

This room is drool worthy. Everything about it is sheer perfection. Happy holidays.

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful

Kim said...

OMGosh you made me reminisce with the Sears catalog reference! I used to do the same thing and looked forward to that HUGE catalog every year! So many dog ears…..so little time.

I cannot believe this is the room you get to sleep in every night! It certainly is restful and beautiful.

I also wanted to thank you for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments on my wood shim projects. Truly appreciated!

I hope you are able to visit again sometime.
Have the Merriest of Christmases!
Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a lovely home! And it is beautifully decorated for Christmas! Love it!

I noticed that you are from Florida. I am, too, but it looks as if you are living in Alabama. If you are ever in St. Augustine, please look me up! I love meeting other bloggers.

xo

Sheila

Burlap Luxe said...

Everything is. So beautiful over here. Love all that is French and grey and whites its truly a home to love.
This is a Christmas to love here.

À Joyeux Noël

Xx
Doré

DD's Cottage said...

Love your Bed! Everything is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Lots of Pretties!!!
Daisy~

Unknown said...

Just beautiful....

Uniquely Ella said...

Thanks you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. So glad I'm here, OMG you have a gorgeous home and your attention for detail. The bedroom is beautiful. Can't wait to see other post. Merry Christmas.
Blessing,
Marlene