Thursday, June 23, 2011

Need a Big Garden Inspiration?

 I have been stepping through one grand gate after another enjoying breathtakingly beautiful gardens. 
This one is at the Oxford University in England.
Oxford began to flourish in 1167 when the English king, Henry 11 ordered all students and scholars in France to return home.  

The dining hall and the stairway were used in the filming of Harry Potter.  It was hard to capture a good picture while on a tour with many others.   All I seemed to get were heads and sneakers.
In 1968 President Bill Clinton won a Rhodes Scholarship and with that the opportunity to study at Oxford where he studied government and played rugby.
And I,  just finished walking through the halls and grand buildings and in the garden and my mind is full, perhaps not with the wisdom of what so many others have learned in this place but full no less of appreciation for the experience.

5 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful photos of such a stately place of learning. Friends of our were just there too! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

NanaDiana said...

OMGoodnes! That is absolutely beautiful...so stately looking and impressive. Gorgeous...I'm sure you loved every moment of the tour! xo Diana

Carolyn said...

It is very beautiful! I hope you are enjoying your time in England.
I would love to go back sometime.

Take care,
Carolyn

p.s. Romeo was sitting in a lawn chair behind me with a good book until he picked up the camera for a few shots.

Bohemian said...

MAGNIFICENT!

Dawn... The Bohemian

Gayle said...

So beautiful....Thanks for sharing.

I will think about Oxford now when I go see Harry Potter (the last) this weekend.