Sunday, December 13, 2015

Love's Glow


I love the dining room in the old house for so many reason.   Mainly because it holds so many of my favorite treasures from my Granny.  The rose picture was in my Granny's dining room and her china and crystal sparkle around my table. There wasn't a better place in her home than around the table.  She was an amazing cook and dinner was as pretty to look at as it was delicious to eat.  

Unfortunately I didn't get her fabulous cooking skills.  I have her sweet handwritten recipes and each year I  make my very best attempt to place before my family something holiday worthy that would make my Granny proud.   The one thing they ask for every year is her orange, apricot jello.  ha! I am so happy that it's easy to make. And even though I could make it often throughout the year I don't to keep it special.  So here's to memories of Christmas dinners past and to all the love around the table which I believe makes everything, even my cooking taste good.


No comments: